Thursday, May 1, 2014

God Never Sleeps!

Although our children consider it odd behavior, it has become quite common that Mr. Bill and I sit in our respective chairs in the living room with Braves baseball on the television, and the sound muted.  It really is the most delightful environment to nap!

 

God never sleeps!  Psalm 121:3 says, “He Who keeps you will not slumber.” What a comforting thought indeed!  On Mount Carmel, Elijah had a lot of fun with the prophets of [false god] Baal, joking that he slept rather than answer their prayers for rain.  So, what does Jehovah God do while He never sleeps or slumbers?  "The Lord guards you. The Lord is the Shade that protects you. The Lord protects you from dangers and guards your life. The Lord guards you as you come and go, both now and forever." (V. 5, 7, 8). When my heart is anxious -- my God does not rest or sleep.  When my spirit is heavy -- my God does not rest or sleep.  When fear consumes me -- my God does not rest or sleep.  When I cannot sleep -- my God does not rest or sleep.  My anxiety, my heaviness, my fear, and my rest is all on Him because He is my Defender; He is my Guardian; He is my Shade; He is my Protector. And when?  Now & Forever!  That takes care of yesterday, today, and tomorrow!  We are His "now-and-forever" job!  Have you thanked Him today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home