Thursday, March 5, 2015

Joyful Journey

“I think this is the right way.”  These words have often been my undoing, and resulted in the primary reason Mr. Bill rarely lets me drive or navigate long trips.  Those trips usually go much better when I just nap.  Hey, I can do that!

 

At personal request to God, King Solomon was granted great wisdom.  Funny thing -- when I read Proverbs, I seem to see my lack of navigational skills.  “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the heart.” (Proverbs 21:2).  Goodness, even the Little Engine That Could realized he couldn’t without a little help from his friends. Wh do I insist I am so smart!  Scripture tells us the beginning of wisdom is when we fear (acknowledge, honor, respect) the LORD (Proverbs 9:10), and that begins in the heart.  When we truly understand within the heart (the seat of all we are) there is no good, we begin to  look to God Who is our Help.  A humble and obedient heart is the best we offer The Father Who joyfully leads us in the way of life and away from destruction. I've learned to love long trips for their napping opportunities.  In this life, however, I want to be wide awake, and following hard after God with a hungry heart.  The road isn't bump-free but my Navigator is completely trustworthy, and leads a ... joyful journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home