Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Easy Exhale

Inhale – exhale.  We do this without thought … yes, thankfully.  I’m pretty fond of a good night’s sleep – actually, I can be quite cranky without it.  As many things as Mr. Bill reports I do unconsciously in my sleep, I suppose I’m most grateful that I … breathe!

 

What if we exhaled praise as easily as breathing?  Count me among the many who lack in uttering enough “hallelujahs” day-to-day!  Even on days when I [by grace] I refrain from complaining, I fail to utter appropriate words of gratitude and delight for God’s Goodness.  Psalm 113 is a short hymn of praise that celebrates the Majesty of Jehovah God.  The tone and theme of the chapter are set by it’s opening words, “Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the ORD, praise the Name of the LORD! Blessed be the Name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its setting, the Name of the LORD is to be praised!” (Psalm 113:1-3).  Who are the “servants of the LORD?”  They are the recipients of the riches of God’s covenant blessing!  His reward isn’t a return of good works as pay-back for His blessings -- we can never repay the Gift of God’s Salvation; anyway, we’re saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8).  Rather, our devotion to Him is this: to honor, fear, obey, and yes, praise Him “from the rising of the sun to its setting” … “from this time forth and forevermore.”  Certainly, every conscious breath should be to-and-for His Glory.  Furthermore, God’s people ought to lead the way in praise, and it’s an easy exhale when it originates from hearts that know no other King, no other passion, no other god besides Jehovah!  Exhaling praise (hallelujahs) should be as automatic as … breathing!  Consider today what you are exhaling, and may it astound your world and please The Father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home