Sunday, January 24, 2016

Search Over

This older-me seems to search more often.  It's sad, but "search" on my computer is one of my favorite features.  Yes, Search & Me make quite a team: I lose it - Search finds it!

 

Considering all my books, I often ponder just how many books I need to find God, to know Him more intimately, to draw closer to Him. After all, I have His Holy Word so what more do I need?  God said to the Prophet Isaiah, "I, even I, am He Who blots out your transgressions ... "  There we have it!  No more searching required.  It's reported when Charles Wesley experienced God's forgiveness, he said to a friend, "I suppose I had better keep silent about it" to which his friend replied: "Oh, no, my brother. If you had a thousand tongues, you should go and use them all for Jesus." Charles Wesley went home and wrote these words:

 

Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing – My great Redeemer's praise.

The glories of my God and King – The triumphs of His grace!

 

As God perfectly identified and revealed Himself in Christ Jesus – He Who blots out our transgressions – the search is over!  Let us rest completely in His victorious Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home