Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Just Trust

Just what!  It was just a bug - just a bird - just a penny - just an hour. That word "just" implies insignificance.  I've learned the otherwise insignificant things are often of much greater significance than they seem!

 

Sometimes our first choice is the least effective.  David writes in Psalm 55, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; yes, I would wander far away; I would lodge in the wilderness; I would hurry to find a shelter from the raging wind and tempest.” (V.6-8).  Life's [rough] storms make us want to just fly-the-coop -- relocate to calmer waters.  Those options sound way more attractive than “But I will trust in You.” (V.23).  When we choose to please God - the best choice - we find everything we need. How do we "please God?"  I'm so glad you asked:  “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6).  You see, faith isn't an option: "without faith it is impossible to please God."  Faith isn't A factor in pleasing God - it is THE factor in pleasing Him.  Faith must be engaged to please God, and yes, to know His full reward.  To put faith into-play, we begin with just trust - believing God will give me courage when I am fearful, believing God will give me what I need, believing God will give me strength when I am weak, believing God will give me guidance when the way is unclear, believing God will comfort me in sorrow, and so much more.  "Simply trusting ev'ry day - Trusting through the stormy way - Even when my faith is small - Trusting Jesus, that is all - Trusting as the moments fly - Trusting as the days go by - Trusting Him whate'er befall - Trusting Jesus, that is all."  Trust may seem insignificant, but it is not "just trust."  If you aren't already, engage your faith ... just trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home