Tuesday, May 3, 2016

New Knees

The idiom “runs in my family” describes a characteristic or quality familiar among kin-folk.  Arthritis is a horrible [often] genetic disease, and it has had wide-spread effect among my family.  There are also “abnormalities” me and my sisters exhibit, to which Mom and Dad don’t care to claim responsibility! LOL

 

Nancy Leigh DeMoss tells of her Greek grandmother Yaya’s prayer habits. “My dad’s cousin remembers times when Yaya would be on her knees praying as he went to sleep at night. She was praying for the salvation of her children and grandchildren. On some mornings, he would wake up and Yaya would still be on her knees, having prayed through the night.”  Now, those are some good knees!  More importantly, that’s a redeemed soul that believes in the power of prayer.  I do recall personal periods of prayer for my children, but the diligence of Yaya shames me.  Do we not know the belief in and practice of prayer “runs in the

family” of Christ?  God says we are to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17), and in so doing we follow Jesus’ example for a prayer life. Mark, Luke, and John record Jesus praying privately, for extended periods of time, even through the night. Good knees or bad knees, what every Christian should desire most is a heart that kneels regularly and humbly at the throne of grace.  Oh, how God’s children need hearts … and knees … for The Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home