Thursday, April 21, 2016

Evident Faith

Have you ever looked for something, but weren’t sure what you were looking for?  While you’re chuckling at such a question, tell you've never been browsing at the mall or wherever, saw something, and suddenly aha! – “I’ve been looking for something like that!”  Yeah, I thought so.

 

Spiritual eyes are ever intently looking, reaching to see and experience Christ magnified.  When I open God’s Word, I do so with  anticipation; never disappointed, there are times I ponder the depth of my time with Him.  Maybe, I wonder, I didn’t press toward Him enough or perhaps my spirit hindered His nearness.  In John 14, Philip said to Jesus, “Show us the Father.” (14:8).  I understand Philip’s intensity – I’ve prayed those same words!  Jesus answered Philip, “Have I been with you so ong, and you still do not know Me, Philip? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father.” (V.9).  Oswald Chambers explains it this way: “We look for God to manifest Himself to His children: God only manifests Himself in His children.”  Consider those [otherwise] impractical and uncommon responses to the world, the spiritual nudges toward righteousness.  It's the almost-forgotten Person of the Trinity -- the Holy Spirit -- always present, always working to reveal the Father through the Son in our lives.  We just fail to see it.  To know the Son is to know the Father, and that knowledge gives way to the Spirit's putting on a beautifully orchestrated display of Christ in real-time living.  Therein is the evidence – the fruit – of the faithful, thos who rightly obey by reading God's Word, spending time in prayer, are in worship and fellowship with other Believers (the Body of Christ - His Church). While we may not see the evidence, God will use you to exalt Himself to the world!  Consider your faithfulness to Christ.  Let the evidence be ... evident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home