Monday, March 20, 2017

Delightful

Devotion is a relative term.  Clearly, our devotions are ever-changing.  I’ve been sick for about eight days now, and my most earnest devotion is getting well.  Come to think of it, for the sake of a good night’s rest, Mr. Bill and I both are devoted to getting me well.

 

In the life of Abraham, we see a beautiful devotion: friendship with God.  I can call the names of many friends, but only a handful who  know me [and I them] intimately.  I’m talking about those friends who at-a-glance know when I’m troubled or don’t feel well.  “The LORD said, ‘Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do …’” (Genesis 18:21).  As you recall, God had made an amazing promise to Abraham; he believed God and was now walking in devotion to God - Scripture tells us these things.  Don’t we share our deepest thoughts and feelings with those who we feel closest to?  God isn’t in the habit of keeping things from us.  When we are in right relationship with Him – walking in devotion to Him – we enjoy easily talking with Him, almost like talking with a friend over coffee.  I've found my closest friends can often finish my sentences, and they also hear me with their heart, not just with their ears.  During similar times with The Father we grow to an attentiveness of heart.  I believe Abraham shared that kind of friendship with God.  This is the delight of being friends with God.  We are so connected with -- in tune with – Him that He is in our common sense decisions, our casual conversations, and our daily doings.  There's so much God wants to reveal, to share, to disclose to those who draw near to Him. Do not neglect Him.  Give Him the top spot in your life.  Make Him the Priority of all priorities.  You’ll find Him delightful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home