Thursday, July 6, 2017

God's Churning

Before churns, freezers, or store bought cartons, my grandfather made ice cream in metal ice trays: frozen milk, sugar and vanilla was all it took to end the day on a happy note!  God is ever churning us into His work of art.  It's the mix and churn of blessings and trials, joys and sorrows that bring about deep spiritual beauty – a delicacy of divine character.  We seem to feel better when we scream, kick, pout, and whine; that is, until it's over and we realize it accomplished nothing. All the emotional drama only hindered God’s work in us!  Truth is, God wants only one thing: "My son, give me thine heart ... " (Psalm 23:26).  Deep spiritual beauty results when we surrender to God’s work by His recipe!  Dear Lord, humble me to the point of submission, and do Your Best Work – recreate Yourself in me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home