Monday, October 16, 2017

Fit for The King

Admittedly, not an expert on the nature of cats but having had a few as pets, I know they do not like to be wet.  One of my favorite little-Danny pictures is of him trying to share his kiddie pool with the family cat. That did not end well.  I’m evermore amazed at the intensity of the struggle for a pure heart!  In the Word, unceasing prayer, a healthy diet of Christian music and faithfulness to hear sound preaching and teaching – still the struggle persists.  Psalm 24 describes the one who is able to stand in holiness before God, and in Verse 5 I found the key (my aha moment): “He shall receive blessing from the LORD and righteousness from the God of his Salvation.” (Psalm 24:5).  The [good and honorable] diligent pursuit of holiness – study, prayer, fellowship, etc. – are all practices of excellent, however, it is God’s Grace that makes holiness possible in my life.  Paul wrote, “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.” (1 Corinthians 15:10).  The motion or ritual of good habits produces nothing in me – it is God and the Holy Spirit through Christ the Son Who use those acts of faithful obedience to bring about holiness and make me fit to stand before the “King of Glory” (V.8). 

I’m not sure a cat came be taught to love water, but I’m sure it is only the Power and Presence of the Triune God Who can change the wretchedness of me into the beauty of holiness.  What a relief that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home