Thursday, December 21, 2017

#WorshipHim2Day

Armed with his trusty BB gun, little Danny took careful aim at a clay pot on the front porch, pulled the trigger and [much to his surprise and horror], he hit it! I'll never forget his explanation: "Mom, I did it on accident."  While the explanation was weak, I realized his deliberate aim wasn't his deliberate intention. Wise men from the East followed a star which led them to the Christ Child.  Scripture records their next move: "they fell to the ground and worshiped Him." (Matthew 2:11).  Oh, how guilty I am of being distracted from giving my full attention to the One Who attended to the debt of my sin and Who attends my every need. It is evident the wise men were focused, conscious and deliberate in their pursuit of the Messiah; they reached their intended target and did just as they intended.  What a lesson for Christians today - particularly in these next few days of holiday busyness - to be intentional in what we do.  We must not allow the urgent to take the place of the important.  Do not forget nor neglect the Reason for this season.  Be intentional.  Be deliberate.  "O come, let us adore Him."  #WorshipHim2Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home