Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Mightily Rich

What's the difference between a ball game and a library?  Perhaps many things, but one word quickly comes to my mind: silence.  Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there is a "time to be silent." (V.7).  I suggest most of us have trouble with being silent when we should be, and even silence in general.  Silence can be deafening but it can also be golden - priceless words rightly spoken. There are indeed times when the soul sings but there are other times when the soul needs to wait in silence for God (Psalm 62:1, 5).  This is a discipline I am learning; God certainly wants to hear from me but not at the expense of hearing from Him.  "I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning." (Psalm 130:5-6).  Are you doing all the talking, or are you listening in silence before the LORD?  Silent before Him proves mightily rich.  Will you sit in silence before Him today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home