Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sit Quietly

Here it is Day 9 of my month-long stay on the Island.  Most getaways are fueled by a do-nothing attitude.  Yes, while it is true I am absent [even free] from a long-time routine, I never planned this getaway to be solely a vacation.  As the Island trip materialized, also did my greatest passion for it: spending dedicated time with The Father.  And, guess what: He's here!  Actually, He arrived before I did; I actually found Him waiting for me!  A few weeks ago in his message, my Pastor presented [what would be] the theme for this month: sit quietly before the Lord.  Psalm 37:7 says, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him."  
​Do you find it difficult 
to sit, to wait
​, to 
sit and wait patiently
​?
  Here's what I've learned already - it takes some practice.  Time with Almighty God is not like an on-demand movie; we cannot 
​summon
 His Presence like ordering a meal at a fine restaurant.  God does not do our bidding!  
​Instead, we are to 
"
​b
e still" He says
​ - to cease striving.  Learning to sit quietly is well underway here on the Island, and it's a discipline I plan to take home with me.  How about you - would you join me in learning to sit quietly before the Lord?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home