Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Good To Remember

It's a fairly common subject to joke about - the "older brain," which tends to be unable to remember things. Well, I suggest this isn't a problem solely among the aging!  Too often we (Christians) forget what we once were before Christ saved us!  Paul reminded his readers of his past: "For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God." (1 Corinthians 15:9). No one cares to think of what we were before Christ; and, I'm not talking about old pictures of bouffant hair and polyester pants. I'm referring to our former spiritually sinful condition: sin-sick, undone, hopeless, dead. Paul continues, "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain ..." (V.10). Paul wasn't thinking too highly of or taking the credit for his new condition; no, he was rejoicing in and crediting who he is now to the good Grace of Jesus Christ. You see, through the process of remembering, Paul's joy was intensified! Let us never forget who we once were [before Christ] so that we can delightfully remember who we are in Christ! Really, it's good to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home