Sunday, August 19, 2018

God Gives Refreshment

Too pooped to party" - that's what I'm feeling right now.  The effort of dragging all xxx lbs of me outta bed this first full week of school has been rough.  I vaguely recall the energy I had the first part of this week, and how organized I was -- Dennis & Dustin's clothes-socks-shoes read the night before - and going to bed with that this-mama-has-it-together feeling!  By Thursday evening, however, my family looked-on with wonder to see if  Mama would regroup and pull it back together. Oh Lord, how I need some help! Then, I thought about Moses!  Imagine what thoughts raced through his mind when he finally got all those Israelites across ; then there's water and its too bitter to drink.  At this point, Moses was not doing well in the polls!  Scripture tells us Moses "cried out to the Lord" -- no asking politely or quiet petition -- just "cried out to the Lord."  God [then] in His forever Greatness and infinite Wisdom said to Moses, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LOR your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all His decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, Who heals you." (Exodus 15:26).  God said: listen carefully - do what is right - pay attention - keep my commandments, I am the One Who heals you.  Very direct. Very simple.  Very specific.  Very refreshing. You see, God wants us to trust Him in every moment; it's how He proves his faithful over and over.  The next thing God does is brings His people to a place filled with refreshment - 12 springs and 70 palm trees! (V.27). Pay attention, weary one - God gives refreshment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home