Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Blink a Lot

Although I
dislike bugs, I must confess ... I love lightning bugs.  They don't bite and they're not gross like most bugs.  Anyway, me and lightning bugs go way back: my Daddy Bill & Nanny's yard was the best place to catch those little summer night-flights.  I remember many evenings me, a pint jar and the mission - chase and capture.  Daddy Bill had used the wooden-handle ice pick to punch holes in the lid.  Later, from the bed, I watched my night's harvest blink and [momentarily] chase darkness from the room. What a challenge for Believers - to blink The Light of Jesus to the world! In Matthew 5, Jesus said, "You are the light of the world ... Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (V. 14, 16). While there's not enough of Jesus' Light in the world, imagine how different it would be without some presence of God here. We - Christians - have an assignment to blink The Light into a world filled with darkness.  Those little night-lights take me back to years-ago as I watch them today from my porch swing. You know, we never know the greater influence of the little things we do day-to-day - what joy they bring to coworkers,  neighbors, friends, family members, even strangers. We are instruments in the hands of a Mighty God: do not neglect to shine a little but blink a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home