Monday, September 10, 2018

True Trust

How many times have you said or thought this: "I trust the Lord, but ..."  The four-word phrase at the beginning is plundered by the single word at the end - "but."  Spiritually speaking, there's no such thing as partially (kinda-sorta) trusting God. Once again on-the-run, David writes in Psalm 3 of his countless enemies and God's protection: "With my voice I was crying to the LORD, and He answered me from His holy mountain. I lay down and slept; I awakened, for the LORD sustains me." (Psalm 3:4-5). We tend to think of enemies as what we can see and touch and even identify [perhaps by name], and I'm sure David could. However, the most common enemies we face are fear, anger, depression, worry, bitterness, sorrow, frustration - enemies unseen. These enemies cause us to lose sleep and appetite and withdraw socially. David's trust, however, was so deep and genuine, he says he safely and soundly slept because he knew Who sustains him. That [seems to me to be] true trust. Are you truly trusting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home