Thursday, October 4, 2018

A Path Well-Worn

It's true, as a child I was a bit envious of friends who lived next-door to their grandparents.  Most had a well-worn path between home and that special place where you didn't have to knock; just walk-in and be treated extra-special.  I loved my time with Pop & Granny, Daddy Bill & Nanny and have great memories of those times, but I sure would have loved a well-worn path to them!  "Let me live near to the great Shepherd, hear His voice, know its tones, follow its calls." (Puritan prayer, Valley of Vision).  Aunt Sue and Uncle Neal lived next door and there was a well-worn path between our house and theirs.  Their door was never locked and I didn't have to knock; there was always a familiar fragrance there, evidence of Aunt Sue in her kitchen.  She was always happy to see me, and always had something good to eat.  In the Father's Presence, I'm always welcome and His Fragrance – well, nothing compares! There, my soul and spirit are fed with a blessedness that doesn't leave me wanting!  Living near the Shepherd - how marvelous!  Hearing The Shepherd's voice - how tender! Following The Shepherd's call - how rich! Is there a path between you and The Shepherd?  Make sure of it, and keep it well-worn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home