Monday, September 24, 2018

Real Trust

Most would agree knowing and doing are two very different things. To agree with the psalmist in saying, "for in Thee do I put my trust" (Psalm 16:1b) then move forward in the purest of confidence, well ... there's often hesitation. That forward movement makes real - or not so real - just how trusting we are. If we say we believe but hesitate, there is present a heart divided - one of belief and unbelief - and therein is hypocrisy. The grieving father of a demon-possessed son puts forth a model prayer for each of us: "Lord, I believe - help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24b). Lord, help me to believe beyond the words I speak, to walk fully and completely in the trust I profess! Let us not hesitate to genuinely trust the One in Whom we trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home