Wednesday, September 12, 2018

#1

The year I married was the summer "Jaws" hit the movie screens across America. I remember - on our honeymoon - standing in knee-deep water paralyzed, looking for sharks!  Zephaniah wrote of coming judgment to Jerusalem and the nations for their resistance to obey God: "Woe to her who is rebellious and defiled ... She did not listen and heed the voice of God; she accepted no correction. She did not trust in the LORD; she did not draw near to her God." (Zephaniah 3:1a-2). How interesting [and shameful] when we know God is all He says He is yet refuse to move forward - rather, stand paralyzed in fear. As Believers - and, that IS what we call ourselves - we simply do not have the right!  Fear of failure - even repeated failure - is a ruse of Satan. I'm sad to say I didn't enjoy the ocean that summer; my fear ruled me.  Let us never live paralyzed but [instead] always be moving forward in firm belief God strengthens us and [also] knows and forgives any weakness that may "take us by surprise." (Jean Nicolas Grou). A genuine longing to please Him is #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home