Sunday, December 16, 2018

Consider Jesus

Often I load up my mind with numerous things I can do on the way to doing something else. In my effort to multi-task and save a few steps, it's not unusual [at all] for me to forget the main thing I planned to accomplish!  I suggest we must be careful to see Christmas only as a pre-celebratory moment in light of the greatest moment in our faith. There's nothing wrong with celebrating the Christ Child but to be sure, it is not the all-star event in Christianity.  "Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest Whom we confessed [as ours when we accepted Him as Savior], namely, Jesus." (Hebrews 3:1). The Greek word for "apostle" refers to one who is sent forth with orders. Jesus - One with God The Father and second Person of the Godhead - in full agreement, knew His birth-day must come [as it did].  However, Christ never [not once] forgot why He had come to earth: His face was always toward The Cross. Hebrews 3:2 says, "He [Jesus] was faithful to Him [God] Who appointed Him (Apostle and High Priest] ..." and to that very end we rejoice.  Yes, event at Christmas! Seriously, meditatively and with great joy ... consider Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home