Thursday, December 6, 2018

Sweetest Celebration

It seems [well] weird to me, but there are those who like to read the ending of a book first. In Luke 2, young Mary sings a song unto the LORD, "My soul magnifies and exalts the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." (V.1). Perhaps she recalled similar expressions as read aloud in worship at the synagogue: "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together!" (Psalm 34:3), and "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy Name!" (Psalm 103:1). How deeply we must admire Mary!  Not just for her humility and submission to The Father but for being a woman of The Word. From the beginning in-and-through the midst of difficult circumstances, her focus remained on God Himself and His Goodness throughout generations. Given what we know of her, I imagine - even in her tremendous grief - Mary yet rejoiced in God as she stood at The Cross, an eye-witness to the finished work of her Savior. Perhaps as she left [with John], once again she sang: "My soul magnifies and exalts the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." What tremendous words for this Season! God's plan of redemption is truly amazing - from beginning to end - but The Cross is indeed the sweetest celebration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home