Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Empty Cup

My Mom and Mr Bill's Mom (Luella) were good friends and when together, they could wear-out a coffee pot! The woe for them was an empty cup. David's psalm of life's portion and death's deliverance is beautiful: "I said to the LORD; 'I have no good besides You.'" (Psalm 16:1). No matter how desperate we may deem our lives, we are [nonetheless] recipients of "good" things - we have air to breathe and life to breathe it.  Furthermore, those who love the LORD God of the Bible have Him! "The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places, indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me ... I have set the LORD continually before me; because He is my right hand, I will not be shaken ... You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever." (V.5-6, 8, 11). Like coffee was for Mom and Lue, a full cup is great joy to the Christian -- all because of Jesus Christ. In Him, there is fullness of life, and our cups are ever full-to-overflowing in every circumstance. So, just how full is your cup?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home