Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Right On Time

We wait in the checkout line anticipating our turn with the cashier; we wait in the exam room expecting the doctor's arrival. Waiting seems to always be accompanied by expectation. David wrote, "I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1). The verb "to wait" expresses a confident trust or faith in God. In Psalm 130:5, he wrote, "I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope." David knew salvation comes only from Almighty God; there - and nowhere else - did he trust and hope. Waiting isn't always something that comes so easily, yet when we are truly-genuinely-absolutely confident in The Father, we know the wait is not in vain. There is also much to be learned as we wait. Don't you know - God is always right on time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home