Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Perfectly Aligned

Misalignment doesn't even sound good.  I've watched Mr Bill use his magic bubble tool (a leveler, I believe it's called) to make sure something is level.  Now, I would have “eyeballed” it but [in more cases] been wrong. His remark is always, "that's why they pay me the big bucks." God may or may not chuckle but if He does, I'm sure what we think certainly is cause to!  To be opinionated is one thing, to be opinionated and loud is another, but to be opinionated and loud and wrong – well, that’s just terrible!  Several years ago, Mr Bill and I learned to be very cautious when anyone says, "I think."  Truth is, what matters most is not what "I think” but rather what God says in His Word.  We do well to consider if what we believe and say (our align (match-up) with Scripture.  Psalm 119:13 says, “With my lips I declare all the rules of Your mouth.” When our opinions don't line up with God's precepts, guess Who trumps who?  The voices of this culture will continue to be opinionated and loud and [very often] wrong, offering yet an enticing buffet of positions on every moral-ethical-social-spiritual issue.  Perhaps there's never been a grander time to bear testimony to the Truth of God's Word than right now: God said it – That settles it!  Truth is, the world doesn't need any more opinions unless those opinions are one with The Word -- perfectly aligned!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home