Sunday, July 7, 2019

Fire-Ant Faith

If you’ve never stumbled into a bed of fire ants, consider yourself blessed … beyond measure!  Those near-microscopic critters instantly cause a fire-ant dance! The Prophet Jeremiah referred to an intense faith: "Sometimes I say to myself, 'I will forget about the Lord. I will not speak anymore in His Name.' But then His message becomes like a burning fire inside me." (Jeremiah 20:9).  Can't you just hear the passion in Jeremiah's words! It's sad how Believers get more worked up at a football game or over a holiday sale paper than over the Greatness of God and His Eternal Word.  I suggest we need a hearty dose of Jeremiah's enthusiasm and intensity for God.  For those of us who have blundered onto a mound of fire ants, we understand urgency and excitement. A "fire-ant" [type] faith compels us to live-and-share Christ as we go. Maybe we'll look a little differently at those fire ants from now on ... from a safe distance, of course!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home