Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Other World Living

Have you ever heard someone described as having “nerves of steel”? I certainly rest easier in the chair when I know my dentist is not having an especially nerve-shattering day! Believers should be easily mistaken as having unshaken and steady. We know, of course, it’s not veins of ice water that causes calm in chaos for Believers. No, it is other world living: "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better." (Philippians 1:21-24). Whether her or there, it’s a win-win for Believers! Living here or beyond is Christ. We often hear testimonies of those with impending tragedy and voices of those who faced death with hope and victory. They faced final moments of life in other world living, and they challenge us to live on accordingly. Living in Christ’s eternal hope gives us a very real glimpse of the world to come, and empowers us to endeavor to persevere. With confidence, joy, boldness, courage like “nerves of steel,” let’s live on ... and on ... and on ... and on ... and on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home