Thursday, November 14, 2019

Morning Sounds

Whether you hear good, sorta good or not so good, there are certain things our physical ears can't hear. There are things, however, we hear with our hearts: a smile, touch of a hand, a hug.  David wrote, "Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for I trust in You." (Psalm 143:8). He asked for grace or power to understand-discern The Father's goodness, His kindness, His faithfulness - none of which can be heard audibly. While those who love the LORD will perceive these characteristics of God throughout the day, David asks to know them "in the morning." Oh my, how busy are we in the morning light! Our minds whiz with doings yet to undone, and often we plow on without the Best morning sounds leaving our spirits "overwhelmed and weak" within us (V.3). Martin Luther said, "I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."  I wonder how much I've missed of God from being spiritually dull-of-hearing and busy hearing other things - and, yes, first thing in the morning. Let us not neglect the Beauty of The Father's morning sounds reserved for His faithful ones who seek Him early and throughout our day. Listen early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home