Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Fess Up!

You surely know one of the hardest things is to "fess up" when you've messed up! Doesn't matter, it's what you do - that is, if you want to do the right thing. The Bible word "confession" simply means agreeing with God about our sin. It's the first step toward forgiveness; it is also a condition of forgiveness. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9). Most of us, however, have a Fonzie problem: Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli, better known as "Fonzie," whose lips could never seem to form those three humble yet freeing words: I am sorry. Two things that help my heart and lips agree with God is humility and practice. I've discovered when I bow before Sovereign God it's easier to bow (be humble) before others, and; the more I do it, the easier it becomes. Of course, I was a Fonzie fan but the older-me knows his prideful ways are nothing to admire. Let us freely and regularly confess our sins to God then experience and rejoice in His forgiving Grace. Fess up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home