Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Steady Steps

"Slippery when wet" is a sign we often see in businesses, warning us to walk with caution. Unlike floors that once dry are no longer slippery, the walkway of life is always slippery! I cannot count the times when I went merrily along only to find myself in enemy territory. Perhaps the psalmist and worship leader Asaph had also experienced this; he wrote, "As for me, my feet came close to stumbling, my steps had almost slipped." (Psalm 73:2). Between Jericho and Jerusalem, I had a window seat as the bus made its way slowly along a very narrow and curvy path. With no guardrails between bus and mountain's edge, it was frightening. Like I trusted the driver to keep his passengers safe, we must choose to trust The LORD: "I will [choose to] rejoice in the LORD; I will [choose to] shout in exultation in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord GOD is my Strength [my source of courage, my invincible army]; He has made my feet [steady and sure] like hinds' feet and makes me walk [forward with spiritual confidence] on my high places [of challenge and responsibility]." (Habakkuk 3:18-19, Amplified Bible). Don't miss this: trust is a deliberate act of one's will - the choice to by faith have the same confidence [in God] as a sure-footed deer (hind's feet) has in climbing mountains. Physical sure-footed-ness doesn't guaranteed how spiritually sure-footed or steadfast we will be. No, only a determine choice to trust the One Who is Ever-Steadfast and Steady. Choose Steady in the slippery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home