Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Secure Yourself!

The feeling of security is powerful; perhaps we do not realize just how powerful it is. We rest soundly in many external things: good health, money, possessions, relationships, careers, etc. When our sense of security is misplaced, however, God will bring about confrontation. Count on it! The Puritan prayed: "When Thou takest away my outward blessings, it is for sin ... in making myself secure and hardened." The sin nature aptly convinces us of security in external things, and we grab it like a warm blanket on a cold night. "He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." (Psalm 40:2). Who can confidently find lasting rest or security in wet, soggy, muddy ground, a bog? Only solid, firm, unshakable and unmovable ground sustains. "God only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Fortress; I shall not be shaken." (2 Samuel 22:2). I suggest if the ground beneath you feels a bit squishy, it's time to check your foundation. "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand - All other ground is sinking sand - All other ground is sinking sand." Secure yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home