Monday, March 15, 2021

I AM Will Be

Among nature's living things, trees stand tall and majestic. As I sat on the back deck recently, I was in awe of the pines, oaks and hickory trees that have long stood gallantly for countless years; furthermore, they most likely will stand long after I can't. The reality is, however, in a sudden and unexpected moment they could be gone ... roots and all! God has revealed Himself as I AM - The One Who IS, the Self-Existent One. No beginning and no end, Never changes. Never fails. He just IS. The Hebrews knew Him as Yahweh or Jehovah. The psalmist wrote, "You, O LORD, abide forever, and Your Name to all generations ... Your years are throughout all generations ... You endure ... You are the same, and Your years will not come to an end." (From Psalm 102). Although the days of men and trees are limited and numbered, there is no limit nor number for The I AM. What Hope, what Assurance: I AM will always be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home