Monday, March 1, 2021

Eat No Crow

You ever had to "eat crow" -- those distasteful, hard-to-swallow words of your own failed position or prediction? My grandparents married at ages 17 and 16, and there were some who said the marriage wouldn't last a year. David wrote, "Many are saying of me, 'There is no help [no salvation] for him in God.'" (Psalm 3:2). The sound of the naysayers, those quick to predict our eventual and coming, demise, can be loud and terrifying! The fear that their declaration against us might actually come true can certainly unsettle us. Hear David's confidence: "But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory [and my honor], and The One Who lifts my head ... I will not be intimidated or afraid of the ten thousands who have set themselves against me all around ... Salvation belongs to the LORD." (V.3, 6, 8). Clearly, fearmongering (the spreading of fear) was as prevalent in David's day as it is in ours. Be of great courage:  Elohim, The All-Powerful One, is the same Shield to His People today as He was in ancient times. Well now, my grandparents lived to see the naysayers eat their fair share of crow - they were married more than 75 years! Let us persevere in these troublesome days ... trust the Lord and you'll eat no crow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home