Sunday, February 21, 2021

Highest Expectation

Perhaps some of life's greatest disappointments come from things or people in which or whom we have the greatest expectation. David wrote, "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence for my expectation is from Him." (Psalm 62:5). Whenever we seek advice from someone who relies solely on his or her own intellect or experience, it [really] is a hit-or-miss. There's an old saying that rings true: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." God is completely trustworthy! His Wisdom is without fail. "For all the promises of God in Him [Jesus] are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." (2 Corinthians 1:20). We rightly and with absolute assurance conclude our prayers, "In Jesus' Name" ... Yes! Amen! So be it, Lord! Do not lower your expectation; rather, raise your standard: ask in The Name above all Names and know He is THE highest expectation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home