Monday, February 8, 2021

What Do You Say?

Personal safety is a high priority these days. Whether proactive or reactive, we seem to carefully consider how to keep ourselves safe. In Psalm 91, the psalmist describes God's sovereign and ongoing protection from undisclosed yet ever-present dangers. "I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in Whom I trust!' (Psalm 91:2). Particularly noteworthy in this hymn of trust is the Believer's source of security and protection - it's not inanimate objects of our choosing; rather, it is The Person of God Himself. "It is He Who delivers  you (V.3) ... "His faithfulness is a shield" (V.4) ... "the LORD, my refuge" (V.9) ... "The Most High, your dwelling place" (V.9). Those who trust God discern it is God's Presence which delivers peace and hope in times of uncertainty and restlessness. By an act of his own will, the psalmist writes, "I will say ... LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress.'" (V.2). What then do we say? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home