Sunday, January 31, 2021

Intense Love

There are foods that boast of intense flavor! The more bitter-hot-sour the more my boys loved it. I learned to never-ever, under any circumstances ever agree to “taste” anything they handed me. Although my countenance made for some little-boy laughter, my taste buds were rarely amused! One dictionary uses the phrase “intense affection” to describe love. Those little-boy intense flavors usually turned my mouth inside-out, and left me wondering about the imagination of whoever created them. Oh, the things in life we pursue with intensity – if only we sought after The Father with the same degree as the psalmist declares, “My soul followeth hard after Thee.“ (Psalm 63:8).   A. W. Tozer wrote, “The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One.” Can you imagine a deeper, more powerful love than “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)? I cannot! Let us lay aside all that binds-hinders-distracts, and take up with great intensity the pursuit of God. Follow hard after God and know … no greater love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home