Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Cling Tightly

 When my little Dustin's coat went missing - which was often - it was usually found in his classroom's lost and found box. Mister Bill and I have become quite good at retracing our steps to find things misplaced. Do you have days when it seems you are spiritually alone; you struggle more intensely with situations, relationships, temptations, etc.? Well, I do! Spurgeon asks, "where did you lose the company of Christ?" Perhaps it was neglecting to read His Word, failure to pray, unconfessed sin, or even the absence of fellowship with other Believers. Whatever the cause of the lonely walk, be sure it is not God Who made Himself absent. A spiritual re-tracing will leads right back to God and restored fellowship with He Who promised "Lo, I am with you always." Are you being diligent in your relationship with God through Christ Jesus? Is it a priority to faithfully and diligently cling to Him? Solomon rejoiced in his find: "I found Him Whom my soul loves ... I held Him and would not let Him go." (Song of Solomon 3:4). Oh, let us cling tightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home