Sunday, January 17, 2021

Good Cheer

Books, bottles, boxes - you name it, they've been used for target practice here. One thing I've learned in taking aim, trajectory is everything! Most of us would like to predict even with a small degree of accuracy the trajectory (path, course) of our lives. It is certainly true that "life is what happens to us while we are making other plans." I admit to trusting in my tomorrows rather than in God Who holds my tomorrows, and the collapse of my own plans serves to wake me from this foolish blunder. When we find ourselves in the midst of a fallen world of disorder and chaos, the wise will acknowledge there is One above it all in ultimate control. "And [God] hath put all things under His [Christ's] feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church." (Ephesians 1:22). Our God loves us so much He has put all that troubles us in this life under the authority of His Son, Jesus ... and, with you and I in mind. There is nothing that threatens us here outside nor beyond the control of Christ Who said, "In the world ye shall have tribulations: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33). For sure, the world's trajectory seems askew; nonetheless, fear not - be of good cheer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home