Thursday, February 11, 2021

Your Appointment

Ever so often I have a must-do appointment with my hair stylist. She can take one look at my hair and eyebrows and know exactly what must be done. God knows all about me, and its His intent to give and do what is His Best for me. As transforming as my stylist can be - for which I am most grateful - what she does cannot compare to how God transforms me by the power of The Holy Spirit and through His Word. What a holy and effective Duo the Word of God and The Holy Spirit is to my ever-languishing soul. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2). Although my hair needs a transformation only periodically, my heart needs it daily - even many times each day. Why is this so important to God's children? Because what The Father wants most - His desired outcome - is that each one of His children be holy as He is holy. This is the only way we can enjoy His Presence in our lives, and the only way those around us will see and know what He is like. Just like the best thing I can do for my hair stylist is keep my hair looking good, so it is for Believers [by The Spirit and The Word] make Christ beautiful to others. God wants to do a transforming work in you - keep your appointment with Him today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home