Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Truth For Life

Upon returning from an extended stay on the Island, there was lots of mail to sort through. One particular envelope caught my eye; in clear and legible handwriting, it was personally address to me. The slight eagerness with which I opened the letter soon disappeared as I read words that well ... they weren't quite right. In case you haven't noticed, everything we hear-read-watch isn't trustworthy. While we may enjoy "free speech," not all free speech leads to freedom! John tells of a dispute among some men about who Jesus was; Jesus said, "He Who sent Me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from Him I tell the world ... If you hold to My teaching, you are really My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:26, 31-32). We all "hold to" some form of truth, and that truth influences-shapes our lives. For sure, Believers should hold God's Word as the guiding Truth. Now, my letter invited me to a website where "you will find answers to life's big questions and it will provide additional comfort and hope for a wonderful future." It sounded so kind and inviting, however, the words of quoted Scripture nor the recommended website were truthful according to God's Word. Believers, take note: only when we are faithful to the genuine teachings of Jesus, will we recognize (perceive, discern) the lies of Satan. Are you reading-studying-memorizing The Truth? It's truly the only way you'll ever detect a lie! Don't be deceived - read The Bible and make It the Truth you live by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home