Monday, April 5, 2021

Words

Words - just how important are they?  Well, they do seem to make communication easier. Words matter even to the hearing-impaired who depend on signing or reading lips. Have you ever considered how careless and frivolous we are with our words? Jesus said by our words we are both justified and condemned (Matthew 12:37). This Truth cautions us to be thoughtful of the words we speak. Also, there is power of life and death in our words (Proverbs 18:21). Finally, words appropriately spoken are priceless: "like apples of gold in a setting of silver." (Proverbs 25:11). Sometimes we ponder too much on the eloquence of what we say rather than the attitude with which it is uttered, forgetting altogether the truest measure will be the need with which our words are received. For me, today was a day when [I felt] my words mattered greatly. I suppose I could have lingered long on what to say but instead I agreed with the psalmist who prayed, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14). God takes words spoken with purity of heart and intent then carries them tenderly on wings of His Whisper allowing them to seep deeply into the most needy place of the soul. Thank you, Father, for delivering my words as You will ... today and every day forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home