Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Don't Delay

 “What’s the hold-up?” I used to ask the boys when they would lolly-gag around.  I’m sure
they tired of the question as I grew tired of their answer: "hold on.” We’ve all heard “idle hands are the devil’s workshop.”  Satan truly loves spiritual idleness! It’s much like a car out-of-gear, not being propelled one direction or the other. And, as a general rule, out-of-gear cars are dangerous! Psalm 119:60 says, “I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments.” Doing what is spiritually good and right and honorable is a great offense, providing the best defense against evil. Believers are wise to ask themselves, “what’s the hold-up” to my being obedient to God? And, for sure, “hold on” is never a good answer.  Don’t delay … obey today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home