Sunday, October 10, 2021

Amazing

Has the noise-level ever been so high you could not endure it? It's been years ago but I remember the last concert I attended, I left the auditorium and listened from the lobby. My conclusion was quite simply but certain: I am now too old for that loud. My Grands are learning to not interrupt ongoing conversations, but when they have something to say they want to be heard; well, spiritually speaking, so do we! Peter writes, "The eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers." (1 Peter 3:12). It's a wonderfully comforting and reassuring truth that God sees and hears when we speak to Him. Let's not overlook, however, there is a particular condition in which He is faithful to hear from us: righteousness. Righteousness (or holiness) should not be confused with perfection - I've yet to meet one who is perfect! Instead, it refers to those whose heart and mind are truly conformed to the will of God, whose highest priority is to be pleasing to Him. Oh, yes, it's the holy ones - not perfect ones - who have the faithful and attentive ear of God. Grand #1 (Ella) had something terribly important to say to me yesterday; I watched her eyes and expression as she patiently waited for a break in the conversation - it was priceless! Oh, how God longs for us to be as eager to speak to Him - He eagerly waits to hear from us. How amazing is that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home