Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Rescue for the Foolish

No one can make me feel more foolish than I [myself] can! Sometimes my foolishness is so funny I want to tell somebody ... then I realize it's better to keep it to myself! "Some became fools through their rebellious ways and suffered affliction because of their iniquities. They loathed all food and drew near the gates of death." (Psalm 107:17-18). Mister Bill often says, "Sometimes we cause our own blessings." In other words, be careful what you wish for; the things we crave and work so hard for can be the very things that ruin us! When we foolishly choose the voice of me-myself-I instead of The Father Who knows-all and sees-all, desperation can come quickly. "Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He sent out His word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for mankind." (V.19-21). Don't expect an "I told you so" from God; no, as we humbly cry out to Him, with compassion and love He hears and rescues. Are you in trouble? God knows all about it and He's waiting for your call for help. Don't add more foolishness to your troubles - call out to The LORD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home