Monday, December 6, 2021

Magnify Him!

Magnification is a wonderful thing! The plentiful (and scattered) supply of reading glasses here confirms this older-me greatly values enlarged and lighted text. Mary begins her song (The Magnificat) this way: "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior." (Luke 1:46-47). From its depth, her soul makes its highest delight and praise most conspicuous. He Who visited and overshadowed her created within her an overwhelming spirit of joy. Perhaps her immediate and hurried departure to Elizabeth was spurred by little more than extreme excitement of what The Lord was doing for His people. The psalmist also declared, "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His Name together!" (Psalm 34:3) - "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name! (Psalm 103:1). Overcome with The Presence, Mary testifies of God above her fears and above her circumstances! What a model for personal Christmas celebration. In spite of and in the midst of uncertainty and season frenzy, we [too] can make great of and known the promised Messiah to man. Yes, why not! Let us magnify Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home