Thursday, December 9, 2021

Our Certainty

Watching the clock is not a good way to [shall I say] pass the time. Unlike the "wheels on the bus" that go round-and-round, the hands on a clock can creep to an invisible crawl. At this moment, I'm encouraged by the present-tense of Mary's words, "My soul MAGNIFIES the Lord - My spirit REJOICES in God - Holy IS His Name - His Mercy IS for those who fear Him." (from Luke 1:46,47,49,50). As sure as Mary was of her words, so can Believers be today! The birth, life and ministry of Jesus testified of God's Presence at a certain point in history but also an Ever Presence with those who put their trust in Him Who said, "Lo, I am with you always." Why not face our fears and uncertainties like Job: "To God would I commend my cause, Who does great things." (Job 5:8-9). Oh, the blessedness of celebrating certainty in the midst of uncertainty: Jesus ... our Certainty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home