Monday, February 21, 2022

Oh! Oh! Oh!

"Oh fiddle" is probably my most used interjection. I tend to use it when I fail to do something or inadvertently forget something. I use it to express a disappointment in myself for something past." The psalmist of Chapter 119 says, "Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping Your statutes." (V.5). Here, he begins with the word "oh," indicating something he longs to do: faithfully obey God. The subtle implication is that diligent obedience doesn't come natural but "oh" how he wants to be earnest about it. Just how diligent (careful) are we to obey God, meet His expectations? God says, "blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD." (V.1). Happy and favored by God are Believers when God's expectation [of obedience] is our own personal expectation. Our first waking thought should be a steadfast lean to obedience - "in all your ways acknowledge Him" (Proverbs 3:6). Acknowledging God early sets us on the right path, the way of obedience - the favored way that leads to true happiness and ultimate delight. Oh! Oh! Oh! that we faithfully obey God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home