Tuesday, February 15, 2022

No Small Things

 One of the greatest lessons I've learned through the years is small things may not be as small as I think. One sweet habit I learned from my Mom is sending cards of encouragement; I cannot count the times someone said my card arrived on just the right day, in God's perfect timing. Such a small thing it seemed to me yet in the hands of God, it was a mighty thing. King Solomon wrote, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." (Ecclesiastes 9:10). Furthermore, when God leads us to do something and we [actually] do it, it is an act of obedience. What joy comes to those who devote themselves well to the small things: "Teach me to shepherd the small duties of this day with great love, tending faithfully those tasks you place within my care and tending with patience and kindness the needs and hearts of those people you place within my reach." (Every Moment Holy). Oh, that we are faithful and obedient, knowing in God's kingdom there really are ... no small things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home