Sunday, February 6, 2022

All Else Is Trifling

Okay, those [of you] who have regularly read my blogging know I love words; one word my Dad has used throughout my lifetime is the word "trifling." It means "of little worth or importance, trivial."  Perhaps one reason that isn't such a common word to us is because we see very few things in our lives as trivial. When something comes our way, involves us or interrupts the flow of our lives ... well, it's not so trivial! Lately, I've pondered the trustworthiness of people compared to God. Psalm 40:4 says, "Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not regard the proud nor those who lapse into lies." The picture I draw from this verse is tying a boat to a weathered, rickety dock instead of one made of concrete one and secured by pilings in the water's depths. The comfort to those who secure themselves in The Lord is this: "You [Lord] will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is committed and focused on You." (Isaiah 26:3). When it seems the sands beneath me are shifting, when I feel a slight wobble in my stance, what I need most is to "lift up my eyes to the hills - where my Help comes from" (Psalm 121:1). Oh, thank You, Father - Jesus - Holy Spirit for steadying me; "Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live to Thee, that all else is trifling." (Puritan Prayer, The Valley of Vision). Yes, all else is trifling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home