Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Sin Buster

Raise your hand if you love the taste of sugar! Just one hand, please! In 1995, a businessman and three doctors introduced a return to eating "like your ancestors" with the "Sugar Busters" diet. One Puritan spoke of the "sugar of sin" and its "gall" - its resulting behavior. Let's face it, just like sugar, we love our sin; we often feel helpless to resist it. This need not be so; Believers have this promise: "But He [God] said to me, 'My Grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9). Our weakness against sin, which binds and captivates, gives precious opportunity for God's Grace and Power to be revealed perfectly in us. I propose giving up sugar is a "piece of cake" compared to facing the sugar of sin. But even turning from sin is nothing in comparison to the Perfect Grace and Power that is ours in Christ Jesus. Let us live boldly and confidently in this Promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home